1. Make-a-Wish or(post) for your own children) or loved ones. The children) must physically live with you and you MUST be the parent/guardian. Only one parent/guardian can Make-a-Wish. Multiple people cannot Make-a-Wish(post) for the same children).
#2 keep it as short as possible. no personal info/life story or income details.
#3. Please be patient as we have a lot of wishes to go through once we open the site. ****Wishers**** Please keep in mind that there are no guarantees that your wish will get granted, Please do not message us asking if your wish will/ or has been granted. That is solely based on the loving and giving of our grantors. We have no control over who they help.
4. You may only ask for help on one help site, (there are others similar to ours, Pick-A-Wish.org, such as Helping hands of Cambria/Somerset, Friendly Neighbors, and many others that we are connected with . If you are found to have posted on another site(s), you will be given the option to pick what site you want to keep your wish on. This also applies to asking for the same items on Freecycle and flea market sites.
5. these things are not permitted: Houseboat, vehicles or vehicle repairs, big appliances, furniture,beds. etc.), No pets(pets supplies for animals in need is fine, but NO asking for free/live animals), rental properties/real estate, donations for groups or companies, no lumber or building supplies. **** No asking for money for any bills, heating costs, or propane/any other heating fluid or wood. no lawyer fees, no vets costs, etc. No iTune cards or any kind of music cards/phone cards etc…If you are not sure if something is allowed, PM An Admin. Food is accepted as a gift request for those who may need it this time of year. Please do not abuse this. For this Christmas season, this rule may be subject to change at any given time.*****A grantor is allowed to offer the wisher to go shopping with them if they prefer to do it that way. ***** However the wisher is not to be pushy or greedy. If we hear of this you the wisher will be removed along with your wish and the grantor can pursue another request if he/she wishes too….If we find that you the wisher or grantor is being Harassed, you will be banned from the group. (If this happens, you must be able to provide solid proof)******If a grantor feels in anyway uncomfortable about a wish they picked, please let us know and you are free to chose someone else.
6.NO USED CRIBS or USED CAR SEATS!! It is illegal. This is a safety reason, with all the recalls! THEY are now illegal in the United States. It doesn’t matter if your opinion is people should just use common sense. It is illegal to GIVE them away. PLEASE DO NOT POST THEM. THANKS!!!( HOWEVER NEW cribs and car seats are permitted) *******(You Can ask for Toddler beds and pack and plays.)
7. Do NOT Post items for sale or offer to sell something to someone on Pick A Wish. Please post your items for sale in Flea market sites! We are trying to help families and individuals with this site!
8. If Gifts need to be sent through mail, the sender is to pay for any postage./ delivery/shipping costs of any kind.
9. *****GRANTORS—- can give used items, but MUST BE IN EUC (excellent used condition), Nothing, dirty, broken, smelly, moldy etc……Also if you are giving something used, please let the wisher know if it comes from a smoking or pet home. Some people may have allergies to it. If that is the case, please don’t give that item to them. Grantors if you are caught doing this, you will be removed from the group
10. If you have any question or need any help, please PM one of the Admins. We are here to help!
11. All Rules are subjected to change at any time. Some exceptions may be made, as Admin/ admin team sees fit.
12. WE WILL HAVE A WISH DEADLINE: 2-3 weeks prior to Christmas as many wishes as we can grant are to be granted by this time. We have families and we also need to prepare for the holiday, so we ask that you please respect this wish from us, the admins. There will be certain times for us to be on the site that we will have time to be available for any issues that may arise., Admins have families , they are getting ready for the holidays, and jobs, etc. Please keep this in mind when trying to send us a pm and allowing us to get back to you in a timely manner.
It is with sincere thanks and utmost gratitude for our grantors to do this. Without you, this would not be possible. You are bringing smiles on kids faces and that is priceless. We hope each and everyone one of you have a great Holiday Season.
4. Make Requests short, simple and EASY to Read ,no personal information or inc